Collagen Matrix for Soft Tissue Reconstruction
SurgiMend, used by General, Plastic and Reconstructive and Trauma surgeons alike, offers clear advantages over synthetic and other biologic products for soft tissue repair and reconstruction. Derived from fetal and neonatal bovine dermis, this unique acellular dermal matrix provides surgeons with the widest flexibility to choose the most appropriate device thickness, strength, and size for each procedure, technique, and patient.
The Highest Levels of Type III Healing Collagen
- Type III collagen mediates tissue healing while inhibiting scarring.
- SurgiMend is derived from young healthy tissue that contains three times more Type III collagen than other acellular dermal matrices
Terminally Sterilized, Safe, and Consistent
- Free of potentially antigenic antibiotics and terminally sterilized
- Derived from only well-defined and characterized source tissue with respect to age, mechanical strength, structure, and composition
Non-Inflammatory for Better Reinforcement
- Free of contaminants, artificial chemical crosslinks, and denatured proteins
- Pure collagen; No added preservatives
- Does not elicit an acute or chronic foreign body inflammatory response that leads to the implant’s degeneration
Rapid Cell Repopulation and Vascularization
- Intraoperatively, SurgiMend is seeded with the patient’s tissue-building cells and growth factors
- The microporous matrix is rapidly revascularized to support tissue-building and healing for prolonged reinforcement